Monday, May 16, 2016

The Growing Season Book Review




The Growing Season

By William Cates

The Growing Season takes a close look at the creation of art, and how it can change us in ways never imagined. During the course of one summer, a married woman of polite society steps outside her conventional role to model secretly for an artist trying to rebuild his career. After he recreates her in bronze, her hidden life unravels with unexpected consequences.

...........................................................................
MY REVIEW OF The Growing Season

 Cynthia was the perfect trophy wife for her surgeon husband, Garland. When she befriends a reclusive artist, who rescues her from a dangerous situation, she is introduced to a totally different world without boundaries, than what she has always known.

This friendship between Cynthia and Anders couldn’t help but grow. It was palpable how imprisoned she felt in her marriage interactions. I think it was the taboo of what she was doing that made it so exciting. I didn’t like the personality of Garland and felt he was too self-absorbed. I loved all the descriptions of the gardens, and was trying to picture them surrounding the cabin in the woods. To me, that would be the ultimate hideaway and I can see how it would be freeing in so many ways.
...........................................................................

**The above opinions are 100% my own, whether I purchased the book or it was given to me to review.


Buy the book from...







No comments:

Post a Comment