Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Seasons of Love Book Review

Seasons Of Love by [Kevin Focke]Seasons Of Love

By Kevin Focke

This short story collection, unique and intriguing like the shifting seasons, peers through the looking glass of love.














...........................................................................
MY REVIEW

This was a bit hard to understand. The author used pompous wording, and seemed to ramble on in his thoughts. The book is written in chapter wording, but had a poetry feel to it. Each chapter/season had a picture inserted at the beginning, with the name of the chapter on it. I liked that, and thought reach picture truly depicted what the chapter was about. The story begins by comparing love and time, and equating it to a clock.


The story then flips to him being young and running into a woman on the beach. At this point it becomes bizarre to me. He seems to admire her, but then only sees her as a possible receptionist? But then the next thing, he’s describing being in a coma but very aware of his surroundings. Then that leads into his grave. As I said, bizarre, because then it continues into a diatribe about what I assume is lost love. He does not speak up and the woman marries another. To me, this seems to be out of place, with his seasons scrambled. This was too short of a prose to really feel for the character. And the way it rambled, I really didn’t want to.
...........................................................................

**The above opinions are 100% my own, whether I purchased the book or it was given to me to review.


Buy the book from...

Follow the Author





No comments:

Post a Comment